Art Work Submissions: Port of Portland’s PDX Rotating Art Program at Portland International Airport provides a portal into the dynamic cultural life of our region. Through ongoing relationships with professional artists, arts organizations, museums, and galleries, the Temporary Rotating Art Program provides vibrant public venues to showcase artwork that reflects the values of the Port and the region we serve.
Please thoroughly review the following exhibition requirements before applying and note that acceptance or review of materials does not guarantee an offer to exhibit with the PDX Art Program.
The Port of Portland maintains an open call for exhibition proposals and carefully reviews all submitted application materials on a rolling basis. Due to the steady and greatly increased number of interested applicants and proposals received by the PDX Rotating Art Program, responses and invitations to exhibit will be directed towards the most suitable inquiries as future opportunities become available within our exhibition schedule.
- Work chosen for exhibitions at PDX must be conceived with sensitive regard to the community and must be appropriate for a public setting serving a diverse all-ages audience.
- Exhibited work must be of an excellent aesthetic standard and craft, demonstrating mastery of materials and techniques. Artists chosen for exhibition are representatives of the regional arts community, producing innovative concepts for public consideration.
- Exhibitions must be physically suited to the space, allowing uninterrupted traffic flow in the terminal, hallways, and other pedestrian areas.
- Exhibitors must be willing to sign the exhibitor’s agreement, hold harmless agreements, and provide insurance as required.
- All artists selected to have their artwork featured in the PDX Rotating Art Program will be provided a honorarium that will be determined by the scope, location, and duration of the approved exhibition at PDX.
Rotating Exhibition Opportunities: Within Portland International Airport, there are currently five exhibition areas post-security featuring artwork by professional regional artists (living and working in Oregon and Washington State).
These designated exhibit areas rotate annually and are located post-security within Concourse D and Concourse E. Artists are invited to submit digital images of their existing work for consideration.
Three additional pre-security temporary rotating exhibition locations at PDX include:
International Exhibitions in Baggage Claim Arrivals Corridor: This exhibit space features the work of international or regional artists and cultural organizations working on international themes. It is located pre-security near the International Arrivals waiting area located in North Baggage Claim. This exhibit space rotates annually. Artists are invited to submit digital images of their existing work for consideration.
Mid-Baggage Claim: This exhibit space features sculptures by regional artists and cultural organizations and rotates annually. It is located pre-security adjacent to Travel Oregon. Artists are invited to submit digital images of their existing sculptural work for consideration.
Rental Car Lobby: This exhibit space features exhibitions of regional cultural special interests and rotates annually. It is located on both the north and south walls of the Rental Car Lobby. Artists and cultural institutions are invited to submit digital images of their existing work for consideration.
South Pedestrian Tunnel: This exhibit space features exhibitions of regional cultural special interests and rotates biennially. It is located on the north wall of the South Pedestrian Tunnel leading from PDX’s parking structure towards the escalators to and from Baggage Claim. Artists and cultural institutions are invited to submit digital images of their existing work for consideration.
To apply, please email the following information*:
– Five (5) digital images of existing artwork; 1200 pixels on the longest side (72dpi, sRGB)
– 50-word project/work statement in the body of your email
– 50-word artist bio in the body of your email
– Website link (if applicable)
To the Port of Portland Art Coordinator, Wendy Given: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that acceptance or review of materials does not guarantee an offer to exhibit with the PDX Art Program.