Exhibit Submissions: The PDX Art Program at Portland International Airport provides a portal into the dynamic cultural life of our region. Through ongoing relationships with professional artists, arts organizations, art museums and galleries, the Port provides a showcase for artwork that reflects the values of the Port and the region we serve.
Please thoroughly review the exhibit requirements below before applying. Acceptance or review of materials does not guarantee an offer to exhibit.
The Port maintains an open call for exhibit proposals and reviews all submitted application materials on a rolling basis. Due to the steadily increasing number of interested applicants and proposals received by the PDX Art Program, responses will be directed towards the most suitable inquiries as future opportunities become available within the exhibition schedule.
To apply, please send five digital images of your work or a link to your website by emailing Wendy Given, the Port of Portland Art Program Coordinator:
In your email, please specify the type of exhibition space for which you are applying.
- Work chosen for exhibit at PDX must be conceived with sensitive regard to the community and must be appropriate for a public setting with a diverse all-ages audience.
- Exhibited work must be of an excellent aesthetic standard and craft, demonstrating mastery of materials and technique. Artists chosen for exhibition are representatives of the regional fine art community, producing innovative concepts for public consideration.
- Exhibits must be physically suited to the space, allowing uninterrupted traffic flow in the terminal, hallways and other pedestrian areas.
- Exhibitors must be willing to sign the exhibitor’s agreement, hold harmless agreements, and provide insurance as required.
- All artists selected to have their artwork featured in the PDX Art Program will be provided an honorarium determined by the scope, location, and duration of the approved exhibition at PDX.
Rotating Exhibits: Within the PDX terminal post-security, there are eight rotating exhibit spaces that change every six to twelve months. Regional artists are invited to submit digital images of their existing work for consideration.
Additional exhibition areas include:
International Exhibit: PDX has one pre-security exhibit space that features the work of international artists, or regional artists working on international themes. This exhibition area changes annually. Artists are invited to submit digital images of their existing work for consideration.
Baggage Claim: PDX has one pre-security exhibit space that changes every six months featuring the work of regional artists. Artists are invited to submit digital images of their existing work for consideration.
Acceptance or review of materials does not guarantee an offer to exhibit with the PDX Art Program.