Art Work Submissions: Port of Portland’s temporary Rotating Art Program at Portland International Airport (PDX) provides a portal into the dynamic cultural life of our region. Through ongoing relationships with professional artists, arts organizations, museums, and galleries, the Rotating Art Program provides vibrant public exhibitions to showcase artwork that reflects the values of the Port and the region we serve.
Please thoroughly review the following exhibition requirements before applying and note that acceptance or review of materials does not guarantee a response or an offer to exhibit with the PDX Art Program.
The Port of Portland maintains an open call for exhibition proposals and carefully reviews all submitted application materials on a rolling basis. Due to the current construction at PDX and the steady and greatly increased numbers of interested applicants and proposals received, responses and invitations for exhibition opportunities will be directed toward the most suitable inquiries as future opportunities become available within our schedule.
- Work chosen for exhibitions at PDX must be conceived with sensitive regard to the community and must be appropriate for a public setting serving a diverse all-ages audience.
- Exhibited work must be of an excellent aesthetic standard and craft, demonstrating mastery of materials and techniques. Artists chosen for exhibitions are representatives of the regional arts community, producing innovative concepts for public consideration.
- Exhibitions must be physically suited to the space, allowing uninterrupted traffic flow in the terminal, hallways, and other pedestrian areas.
- Exhibitors must be willing to sign the exhibitor’s agreement, hold harmless agreements, and provide insurance as required.
- All artists selected to have their artwork featured in the PDX Rotating Art Program will be provided an honorarium that will be determined by the scope, location, and duration of the approved exhibition at PDX.
Rotating Exhibition Opportunities: Within Portland International Airport, there are currently six (6) designated exhibition areas featuring artwork by professional regional artists (living and working in Oregon and Washington State).
The exhibition areas rotate biannually and are located within the terminal post-security within Concourse B, Concourse B/C Connector, Concourse D, and the Concourse E Extension of PDX, as well as one pre-security exhibition area within the PACR Rental Car Lobby.
Artists are invited to submit digital images of their existing work via email for consideration.
To apply* Please email the following information addressed to the Port of Portland Art Program Manager Wendy Given: email@example.com
– Five (5) digital images of existing artwork; 1200 pixels on the longest side (72 dpi, sRGB)
– Project/work statement in the body of your email
– Artist bio in the body of your email
– Website link (if applicable)
*Please note that acceptance or review of materials does not guarantee an offer to exhibit with the Port Art Program.